Are you aware that we spend almost one third of our life at work? At 8 hours a day this does not leave much time for leisure or exercising activities. Especially when you consider the extra time spent traveling to and from work. Other important tasks like shopping, food preparation and eating take even more hours from our hectic days.
To try and feel motivated enough to exercise can be a big ask at the end of anyone’s day! But now we do not need to, thanks to the DeskCycle under desk exerciser. Without disturbing others around you, it means you can now exercise and get an office workout. This means you get to work off that excess weight gradually, plus tone up tummy and legs at the same time. Healthy exercise will make you feel better about yourself as well, which means you will probably be more productive and less tired at the end of the day.
After you order the DeskCycle it will arrive partly assembled. The exercise bike is neatly packed into a 24 x 20 x 10 inches carton weighing in at only 23 pounds. It just needs the two feet and pedals to be fitted using the tool supplied. This is an easy operation when you follow the very clear and straight forward instructions (a rare thing). It should only take you about 10 minutes to put this together.
It is important to fit the pedals to the correct side. These are clearly marked with an “L” for Left and an “R” for Right, on the end of the pedal shafts.
Take particular care to avoid cross threading:
- Make sure the pedal is straight when you screw it in.
- Rotate the shaft with your fingers to get the threads started.
- If you can’t get the threads started using your fingers then it is cross threaded.
- Unscrew the pedal, make sure the pedal is straight, and then try again.
- Make sure the pedals are securely tightened to avoid damage!
As shown in the component view of the mini exercise bike to the right, the resistance adjustment is at the rear and the longer foot is at the front.
If needed, the adjustable Velcro foot-straps can be removed from the pedals by separating the pedal halves which is clearly detailed in the user manual.
- Lowest pedal height available at only 10 inches
- Works with desks as low as 27 inches in height
- Display stand lets you move the display to your desktop for easier viewing
- Much larger range of resistance settings than other pedal exercisers
- Choice of 8 preset resistance settings easily adjustable for every need
- Magnetic resistance provides smooth, quiet, pedal motion
- LCD display shows speed, time, distance, calories and scan
- 12 Months parts & labor warranty
This little compact gem of an exercise bike has received hundreds of positive well deserved customer reviews. All moving parts are enclosed and no lubrication is required. The DeskCycle is a solid well constructed unit but easily moved when needed. You can pedal this with ease, as you exercise while you work, without realizing how long you been pedaling. Plus the health benefits are so rewarding!
This DeskCycle review would not be complete without mentioning the cons. When used on a smooth, non carpeted surface, you may need to place a mat under your chair and the mini bike to prevent slipping. A strap is provided to link the unit to your chair which, if you fasten it too high, may get in the way when leaving your desk in a hurry.